Thursday, June 08, 2006

I'm Bored

So today Tina calls me at work to tell me that she is bored! Obviously I am doing a great job as a husband if everything is taken care of and she just sits at home bored. Or, I guess it could be that her parents are here helping out, since they would have more of an impact on her work load while I am at work.

Emilee is well over a week old. As far as I know she is sleeping through the night, but the fact that Tina is always so tired leads me to believe the I have just become a true dad. My dad once gave me the wise council, you aren't a true father until you can sleep through your baby crying, and I have achieved this state. In fact over the past week, many nights Tina would wake me up because she was taking care of Emilee when either Andrew or Maren would come in, and she was unable to take care of all of the children's needs.

This isn't to say that I'm not tired. Emilee seems to think that 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm is awake time, and enjoys looking around, making noises, crying, and filling her diaper. So most nights we don't get to sleep until after 11:00pm, and Maren still comes into our room to wake us up at 6:00 am prompt.

Well, Tina said it is my turn to hold Emilee, so I must go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home